Thursday 22 November 2012

Connect, engage, family

I'm A Cuckoo by Belle and Sebastian

The Mail
Hello! 3 days of Semarang Youth Conference held by AIESEC University of Diponegoro was really tiring yet awesome. It was from 16 to 18 of November 2012 and Shanaz offered to gimme ride to the venue. I met Ellen as well, in the car, who I forgot *at first* and ended up asking I think I know you before, what's your name? and Ellen laughed awkwardly, You forgot me, Fi? Ellen! Oh well, I think my new haircut makes me look quite different, eh? I'M ASHAMED.
My room was in Lobby 2 Room...4, I guess. I still remember Mia, Alifia, and two girls from Environmental Engineering. I ended up talking nearly about every-random-thing with them. 
DAY 1
Nighty night party part 1

On Day 1, I had no clear expectation about what we gonna do except doing what they called beach party until midnight. Hahahah. Okay I think I was just so excited wearing my dress. The party was cool; but I'd like to tell you some things on previous sessions before my party-yay-rambles. Err not the entire of sessions, of course! Well, I was and still amazed with sharing session with Grandma Yani, who seems like the oldest senior in AIESEC Undip. She's about 70 years old but REALLY didn't look like her age! She told us this: "If you wanna change the world, you gotta learn about few things. First of all, learn from people who ever got the experiences and work hand in hand. Then for sure you need to change yourself, be a human with value." And related to be an AIESECer, there are some things we should do, which I personally think Yes, this is what I need and realize but haven't did it 'cause no one said it right in front of my face. 1) Connect to people and do good works such us social or nature projects | I've been in SAVESHARKS and SAVEDOLPHINS campaign for a moment, yay! And still hoping will be a volunteer at Sunshine project on January. I wanna teach marine science, English and arts to children! :) 2) Improve your language ability | I realize my English is poor, thank God Matthias is willing to make some correction when I make mistakes. Plus, German and French and little bit Spanish. Though I have no time to ramble in those languages nowadays :/ 3) Teamwork | I got reaaallllyy nice experience on conference, later on day 3! 4) Leadership training  | I don't know if I can say my next national conference is a training. But one sure thing, we'll discuss a lot about leadership thingy. 5) Table manner | Grandma told us about her experience having dinner in a French Restaurant. How we should behave when eating and such. At first I thought it was pretty strict and boring, but then oh well...I can't imagine eating beside amoral people who keep talking about shit. Ew. Around 09:45pm the beach party began and each group showing off their performance. The 2 best ones in my version was a guy who did breakdance, you have no idea how worried I am whether he could stand using his hands like that, and Noval with his gangnam style dance. At first I was like, SERIOUSLY? But seeing his moves made me wanna dance too. He was super talented!
DAY 2
Nighty night party part 2

I can say day 2 was all-about-AIESEC day, the history, the way, legality, bla bla bla. Ok one thing I'm still amazed of. DENMARK, was one of the founder of AIESEC! Oh man :) But my AHA moment was when the woman from Stamford school giving a presentation about teaching stuff. I thought that would be boring. But no. She was like motivating us to be the light in the darkness. She told us, from Anis Baswedan, "To educate is not only a job of teacher, but the job of educated people". I was like...oh man, I'm an university student and I never like ever, what we say...transfer/share, my whole marine-science-knowledges directly to people out there. Okay maybe a line or two explanations about the differences between marine science and oceanography. But still. Around 10.00pm we had Gala Dinner, which basically time for eating donut and fruit ice "Freshasan", awarding night for some people in local committee and sharing session with our 'couple'. Actually, I wasn't interested to ask OR BEING ASKED with someone to that party. I only thought about Matthias, imagining he asked me out to dance and...hmmh. Alright BUT we had to come with a partner, SO I came with...*drum roll* a girl.
....
...
Although I ended up with the president of this org, Gilang, who is a real gentleman :) And we had a good time chit-chat for a moment hahah. That night was closed with roll dance till we all sweaty!
DAY 3
I have two stories on the last day. 1) Khatulistiwa Convention | I was in Group 5 which consists of Faris, Erika(a guy!), Sasha, a girl...omg I forgot her name, and Galih. I was in OC Project; making the rundown of our cultural event and such. Cool how my fellows helped me out :') Then I joined Erik looking for sponsor, I joined Faris hunted the venue, and last is Sasha with media for publication. We only had 7 DAYS preparations and there are a lot of things trying to ruin our project. Though we failed at the end, but I had so much things as a learning. And I'm proud with my guys from group 5 :) 2) Couple Dream | In AIESEC, each of us have a partner and together we made 'couple-dream lists'. At first I was just standing there, dunno who will be the best as my partner, like a moron. Then a guy coming to me, asking if it's possible to be my partner. Why not! :) So, that is Simson from Management major of Undip, now my partner in AIESEC. Funny how we have a few things in common! 1) We wanna go exchange to DENMARK 2) We wanna have position in Incoming Exchange department This is exciting :D And one last thing from Son that I couldn't forget is when he bravely grabbed the mic and spoke in front of people about how happy he was being partner. That was really sweet :) Thank God I'm in AIESEC. Thank God for these people. 

The last thing, I wanna thank to OC and facis and seniors. This conference was unforgettable :)
National conference coming up!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a really great time! :) I adore the outfits as well! xo

    ReplyDelete